Blueberry & Ne Chevre Stuffed French Toast
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 1/2 C fresh blueberries
- 1 pkg Heidi Ho Pure Ne Chevre
- 1 C non-dairy milk
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds crushed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 C walnuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- In a shallow bowl prepare the batter by whisking together non-dairy milk, powdered chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract and flour. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a food processor blend together Heidi Ho Pure Ne Chèvre and 3/4 C of blueberries well blended and smooth.
- Spread the blueberry mixture on two slices of bread and cover 1 piece with some of the remaining fresh blueberries. Get your batter out and spread crushed walnuts in a separate shallow baking dish. Dredge both sides of your stuffed toast in the batter covering thoroughly, then coat both sides in walnuts.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat and place the the stuffed toast in the center, and cook each side until golden brown.
- Repeat until you are out of bread.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and powdered sugar(optional)
Copyright ©Heidi Ho. Always Vegan, Always Sustainable