Smoky Cauliflower Steaks w/ Crispy Kale
- 1 head of cauliflower, sliced into six thick slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp vegan worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp rubbed sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pkg. Heidi Ho Smoky Chia Cheeze
- 2 C Kale leaves, stems removed
- 3/4 C cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper (optional)
Smoky Cauliflower Steaks with Crispy Kale
Crispy Roasted Kale
- Preheat oven to 400°
- To cut your cauliflower steaks, place head of cauliflower stem side down on your cutting board. Cut down the middle, then cut each half into three 1’’ thick slices.
- Grease a cast iron pan with enough oil to cover the bottom and dust the pan with a few pinches of sage, salt and pepper. Place steaks in the pan and brush each slice with oil and vegan Worcestershire, followed by more sage, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes.
- After your steaks have roasted, carefully flip them over with a spatula and brush tops with oil, vegan Worcestershire, sage, salt and pepper. Return to the oven to roast for an additional 25 minutes.
- while thats roasting prepare your kale by combining your kale leaves, tomatoes, sliced garlic and olive oil in a large mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the kale mixture in a single layer over the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for about 5 minutes until kale begins to crisp. Check the kale frequently as it tends to cook fast.
- Meanwhile heat Heidi Ho Smoky Chia Cheeze in a saucepan over medium low heat until cheeze is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer Cauliflower steaks and kale to a serving plate and drizzle Heidi Ho Smoky Chia Cheeze over the top.
Copyright ©Heidi Ho. Always Vegan, Always Sustainable