Spicy Mini Chimis
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pkg Tofurky Slow Roasted Chick’n
- 3 tbsp green onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1/3 C frozen corn kernels
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup Heidi Ho Spicy Chia Cheeze
- 16 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 tbsp vegetable oil and Tofurky chick’n and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Stir in green onion and red pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until tender.
- Mix in corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until well blended and tender. Remove from heat and stir in Heidi Ho Spicy Chia Cheeze so it melts.
- Lay a tortilla out on a clean surface and add 1/4 C of the mixture in a straight line horizontally across the tortilla leaving about 1/2’’ of room on each end of the tortilla. Fold the left and right sides of the tortilla in over the mixture and tightly roll the bottom over the mixture, tucking it in and rolling the mixture over to finish with the seam on the bottom. Once fully wrapped, arrange your mini chimi on your baking sheet.
- Repeat last step until your out of filling.
- Once you have all your wrapped mini chimis arranged on your baking sheet, brush each one with oil and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Remove chilled chimis from the freezer and brush with oil again before placing in the oven. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until they a light golden brown, brushing with oil halfway through the cooking time.
Copyright ©Heidi Ho. Always Vegan, Always Sustainable