Walnut Meatballs w/ Sweet & Sour dipping sauce
- 1 C walnuts
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1 1/2 C Crushed Saltines
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pkg. extra firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 1/2 C Heidi Ho Smoky Chia Cheeze
- 1 tbsp vegan worcestershire
- 1 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp oil for lining the baking sheet
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/3 C white wine vinegar
- 1/4 C Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 2 tbsp Heidi Ho Smoky Chia Cheeze
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
For the Sweet & Sour sauce
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and a little bit of oil
- In a food processor combine walnuts, saltines and rolled oats and process until they are finely chopped. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place chopped onions, garlic, poultry seasoning, parsley, tofu, Heidi Ho Smoky Chia Cheeze, Worcestershire, liquid aminos, and liquid smoke in food processor and blend until smooth. Combine mixture with the walnut, saltine, and rolled oat mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- With a little bit of oil on your hands start rolling the mixture into 1’’ balls and arrange on your baking sheet(s).
- Bake for about 45 minutes, flipping meatballs about halfway through. If they begin to brown to soon reduce your oven temperature to 350° to ensure they cook all the way through.
- While those are baking prepare your sweet and sour sauce by whisking together all your ingredients into a small sauce pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Whisk continuously until sauce has thickened.
- Transfer meatballs to a serving plate and poke a few toothpicks in for quick snacking, and transfer sauce to a serving bowl.
Copyright ©Heidi Ho. Always Vegan, Always Sustainable